We left Midland and drove to Houston, since Jeffry's from there and has friends & family there too. We got to sleep in a little bit and then drove several hours to our hotel in Houston, which was ok but wasn't anything spectacular. The fun thing though, was that Molly and I had adjoining rooms! This was awesome because we usually only have rooms across the hall or down a few doors from each other. We let Jeffry go out with his peeps and had a girls' night in "our" room. We looked up a Chinese restaurant and called in some delish delivery. We watched the season finale of the Bachelorette because Molly had been watching all season (it was my first episode) and whatever else we could find on TV and then called it a night.
--Tuesday, 8/2--
We got complimentary breakfast in the restaurant because Molly has platinum hotel points :) After breakfast, the three of us went to Memorial Park and went for a walk around their 3-mile path. It was over 100 degrees but such a nice park and a great way to knock out 300+ calories! And I wore my Reebok Easy Tones to get as much of a workout as possible. Once we got back to the hotel and showered, we went to the Galleria Mall to pick up a few things and allow Jeff to meet up with an old friend. While Jeff caught up with Holly, Molly and I went around to do some work on the mall. I really wanted some peacock feather earrings, and I found some! I also got a gold bracelet with a pink flower and pearls, a yellow and navy plaid western shirt, a coral and white striped tank, some Pink perfume and a couple basic tees. On our way home from the mall, Molly and I stopped at Firehouse Subs-- where I got a sweet plastic fire hat-- and brought our sandwiches back to the hotel in time for Teen Mom and Shark Week.
--Wednesday, 8/3--
Such a fun day! We had the day off so we bought some online passes and drove about an hour to Galveston Island to check out Schlitterbahn Waterpark. Soooo much fun!! There were a ton of awesome slides-- with sharp drops, twists and turns, solo, inner tube, you name it-- plus a fantastic "lazy" river that was full of waves and general awesomeness. There was even a swim up bar! The only downside was when we heard a lifeguard's whistle blow a few times and saw him holding his fist in the air. We didn't know what it meant, so we asked him--and immediately jumped out of the water. Note: if you ever see a pool lifeguard with his fist in the air like Rocky, or like a Jersey Shore fist without the pumping-- it means someone went #2 in the pool! Ewww it was so gross! We decided it was time to go after that... Once we got back to the hotel, Jeff met up with his friends and Molly and I had our girls' night again, ordering Chinese delivery from a different (closer) restaurant and watching
No comments:
Post a Comment